What to expect from your local wedding dress shopping experience at A Love Story Bridal!
We understand wedding dress shopping can be both exhilarating and overwhelming at the same time. So we've put together some helpful hints to prepare you for your Love Story appointment and to make sure we provide you with the best wedding dress shopping experience possible. Feel free to check our FAQs for more information as well!
- Research. We know you have a bridal Pinterest board ;) so look for dresses and designers that fit your style, get an idea of costs, explore what local shops offer, and do as much of this research as you can beforehand so you’re not overwhelmed when you start trying on dresses.
- Start your dress shopping early to give yourself plenty of time. We recommend making your first appointment at least 8-10 months ahead of your wedding date. Made-to-order gowns can take anywhere from 4-10 months to arrive, and with alterations, you don't want to be stressed about having your dress ready for the big day. While shopping closer to the wedding date may narrow the available selection to certain dresses, it is still very possible to find the one especially among our wide assortment of consignment dresses.
- Be prepared for questions. When you call to make an appointment we will ask you a few questions that help us get to know you, learn more about your wedding and what type of dress you are looking for. And no worries, you may have no idea of what your dress should look like, and that's perfectly okay! We do recommend reaching out yourself so both you and your consultant are on the same page and are ready to find your dream wedding dress!
- Keep an open mind! We know you’ve pictured a ball gown since you were a little girl, but now that you’re a bride you should try on every style to see what suits your adult personality and body best. Even if you come in with very specific thoughts, we love to throw a wild card into the mix and often it ends up being the one! Here's our list of some of our current designers.
- Keep a realistic budget and stick with it. Try on styles or looks outside of your comfort zone, but try to stay within a close range of your budget. We want a bride to have the best experience, not a disappointing one. If you truly have flexibility and think increasing your budget may make a difference then we encourage you to go for it!
- Don't want to rush, come in mid-week. We recognize Saturdays are convenient days to shop and get family members involved, but if you can take an hour and a half out of a weekday for dress shopping, then we say by all means call us for an appointment! It’s worth it to not rush around and feel pressured by so many choices.
- Sometimes less is more. We know it’s exciting to try on wedding dresses, but it can become overwhelming for a bride with too many opinions or helping hands involved. We recommend trying to keep your group small and intimate so you can remain focused on what you want in your dream dress.
- Undergarments can drastically change the look of a dress. We can't say it often enough but invest in good undergarments for trying on dresses and for your big day. Strapless bras, self adhesive accessories, nude underwear, shapewear- try them all out and get them in the right shade and size. It will keep you focused on the dress and not your polka dotted undies during your appointment!
- We're going to get personal, but we've seen it all before. We are here to ensure you have the best wedding dress shopping experience possible, and making sure you exit the fitting room looking the best you can in that dress is our job. This means we're going to be in the fitting room assisting you to get into dresses, to clip and pin the dress to best fit you and to help you to avoid any pitfalls from layers of fabric or straps. It may seem strange at first to have someone assisting you get dressed but brides find it very helpful in making the dress shopping process easier and less frustrating.
- Consignment can be a great option after your wedding and allow you to spend more now on your dress. If you purchase a special order wedding dress with Love Story, you can always bring it back after your big day and consign it with us! Check our consignment page on the website for more information!
Love Story Bridal is here to offer the best local wedding dress shopping experience to brides in the Capital District. We want to give you all the personal touches and attention you deserve while shopping for the dress of your dreams! Share your experience at our shop on our Facebook or Instagram and be sure to tag us! #alovestorybridal
Have fun shopping local! We cannot wait to meet you and help you find the wedding dress of your dreams!